Mouth and Throat
Dr. Karen treats all infectious and inflammatory disorders of the mouth and throat. He treats salivary, inflammatory, infectious or neoplastic disorders. Dr. Karen performs surgeries including:
- Salivary gland surgeries
He treats vocal disorders both medically and surgically and often sees vocal professionals. Dr. Karen sees and treats sleep apnea patients both medically and surgically.
Dr. Karen evaluates and treats problems with swallowing (dysphagia), hoarseness, reflux disease, and professional voice problems.
- Esophagoscopy – endoscopic evaluation of the esophagus
- Laryngoscopy – endoscopic evaluation and treatment of the voice box
- Salivary gland surgeries – removal of the Submandibular gland because of infections/stones or growths, removal of the parotid gland
- Sleep Apnea Surgery – UPPP
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy